If there’s one thing everyone with an interest in nutrition agrees on, it’s to eat more vegetables!
MDHS Dietitians are supporting National Nutrition Week Oct 12th-18th by encouraging everyone to commit to eating five serves of vegetables every day as part of the “Try For 5” Challenge.
- ‘Like’ the MDHS Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Maryboroughdistricthealthservice
- ‘Follow’ MDHS Dietitians on Instagram: @mdhsdietitians
- See Facebook & Instagram for Daily Recipes
- Post Instagram Photos of Your Meals with Colourful Vege with #mdhsveg to go into the running to win a fresh hamper of fruit & veg!
Hints to Increase Your Vege Intake:
- Veggie Sticks as snacks: Carrot, Capsicum, Celery with Hummus
- Omelettes: add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, capsicum, sweet corn or spinach
- Add extra veggies/ lentils to soups, casseroles, stir-frys
- Bulk up sandwiches with carrot, lettuce, beetroot, tomato, leftover roast veggies
- Roasts: pumpkin, potato, garlic, onion, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet potato, beetroot, eggplant, capsicum.
- Make a Frittata with any wilting veg in your fridge!
- Hold the chips and order extra salad or veggie sides when eating out