Maryborough District Health Service is a progressive rural healthcare provider in the Central Goldfields of Victoria. Our purpose is to connect our community to GREAT healthcare.
We provide acute medical and surgical services, urgent care, maternity services, aged care, diagnostics, rehabilitation, allied, community and mental health services, and palliative and residential care from modern campuses in Maryborough, Avoca and Dunolly.
Our vision is to change the healthcare story as we embark on a major transformation to improve health outcomes in the region.
We have a new $100 million dollar hospital on the way to expand programs and services, and a dedicated team of more than 450 staff who work with our partners to provide best-practice care, teaching and education programs.
Changing the healthcare story with the community
Connecting GREAT healthcare to our community
Genuine Respect Excellence Accountability Togetherness
- We seek to understand you as a person, not a condition
- We will care for you with compassion and kindness
- We will treat you fairly and respectfully, on every occasion
- We will keep you safe and informed with open and honest communication.
Connecting our community to care
- Integrating care across the continuum
- Developing innovative and consumer-centred models of care
- Leveraging technology to connect care and services
- Connecting with our community and consumers
- Developing strategic and productive partnerships
- Implementing a staff personal development program
- Improving mental health and wellbeing for all staff
- Becoming an employer of choice
- Completing a successful hospital redevelopment
- Maintaining sustainable business as usual during hospital redevelopment
- Delivering safe care and services every day and ensuring quality is a focus before, during and after the transition to the new hospital