Protect yourself from COVID this summer
With the current COVID wave, Maryborough District Health Service is urging local residents across the Central Goldfields and Pyrenees to play it safe to enjoy the festive season.
MDHS Chief Executive Officer Nickola Allan said it’s important to stay on top of COVID safety to protect yourself, your family, friends and community this summer.
“While many of us have been dreaming of a COVID free Christmas the reality is that we are experiencing another wave,” said Mrs Allan.
“While numbers appear to have plateaued since November, COVID-19 is still well and truly here in the Central Goldfields and surrounds.
“We all know the festive season is traditionally a time for gatherings with family and friends with lots of movement across the state.
“With new variants contributing to the number of new infections, it is important to stay vigilant to protect yourself and others this holiday season,” said Mrs Allan.
Some simple tips to have a COVIDSafe festive season include:
- Plan your party or family gathering outside when possible
- Get tested if you have symptoms or if you’re going to a party or family gathering
- Keep homes well-ventilated with windows and doors open
- Wear a high-quality mask where you can’t physically distance from others
- If you test positive, stay and home and isolate for at least 5 days and until you have no symptoms – don’t forget to register to get access to care if needed
- Check if you are eligible for COVID medicines
- Get your next vaccine dose from your GP or pharmacist
“Don’t bring COVID to the party – stay at home if you feel unwell or show any symptoms.
“This is really important to help our most vulnerable family and community members, who are at a higher risk of getting very sick, to stay well,” said Mrs Allan.
For more tips on how to stay COVIDSafe this summer, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/health-advice.