MDHS offers public dental health services by appointment at our dental clinic, to children and adults with a current concession card.
Services include check-ups with x-rays, preventative treatment, fillings, extractions and prosthodontics (dentures), and referrals are also available for specialist care to the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne.
Dental Services at MDHS are located at the Maryborough campus, near the Urgent Care Centre entrance off Clarendon Street.
Please contact Dental services directly to arrange your appointment on telephone 5461 0388.
How to access this service
The following people are eligible for public dental services:
Children and young people are eligible for emergency and general dental care:
- All children aged 0 to 12 years. No fees apply.
- Young people aged 13 to 17 years who are a Health Care Card holders, dependents of concession card holders. No fees apply.
- All children and young people up to 18 years of age, who are in out-of-home care (includes kinship, foster and residential care) provided by the Children Youth and Families Division of the Department of Human Services. No fees apply.
- All youth justice clients in custodial care, up to 18 years of age. No fees apply.
Adults are eligible for emergency, general and denture care – people aged 18 years and over, who are health care or pensioner concession card holders or dependents of concession card holders.
- Emergency care flat fee of $31 per course of care
- General care $31 per visit up to maximum $124 per course of care
- Denture care $74.50 per denture, capped at $149 for a full upper and lower denture
- Waitlist may apply for general dental care and denture care
Priority care access groups are eligible for emergency and general dental care. Priority care means ‘next available appointment’.
The below client groups are eligible to receive priority care as defined by the Department of Health policy:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. No fees apply
- Children and young people. No fees apply.
- Homeless people and people at risk of homelessness. No fees apply.
- Refugees and asylum seekers. No fees apply.
- Registered clients of mental health and disability services, supported by a letter of recommendation from their case manager or staff. No fees apply.
- Pregnant women who are eligible. The above fees apply.
- Priority care includes emergency, general and denture care.