Visitor restrictions are still in place across our health and residential care facilities due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
In line with the latest COVID-19 restrictions, visitors can only attend MDHS under the guidelines for high-risk settings.
All visits to Maryborough Hospital must be pre-arranged with the Nurse Unit Manager on the ward.
Visitors must provide evidence of being fully vaccinated. All visitors aged 8 and over must wear required to wear a fresh surgical mask on entry.
- Hospital Amherst ward: 2 visitors per day per patient. No time limit. Visiting hours are currently 10 am to 6 pm.
- Aged Care: Reduced to a maximum of 2 visitors per day per resident. Due to density limits and resident room sizes, there is a maximum of 2 visitors at a time.
- if it is an end-of-life visit
- if the patient is ill with a life-threatening condition
- to provide essential care and support necessary for the patient’s emotional and physical wellbeing
- if the patient is under 18 and you are the patient’s parent or guardian
- if the patient has a mental illness or is living with dementia and you are their nominated person
- if you are required to provide interpreter services
- if you are required to support the patient upon their discharge
- if the patient is pregnant or giving birth and you are their partner
- if you are accompanying the patient to the emergency department, or
- if you are accompanying the patient to an outpatient appointment.
Smoke-Free Health Service
MDHS is a completely smoke-free organisation and provides a smoke-free environment for employees, patients, clients, residents, contractors, volunteers and families.
The health service has a responsibility to provide an environment free of tobacco-related risk and be a leader in promoting the health benefits of a smoke-free workplace; this applied to a building or outdoor area within the boundaries of any campus.
MDHS staff, patients, and clients who smoke are encouraged and can be supported to reduce or stop smoking with access to a smoking cessation facilitator.
Please contact the Customer Excellence team on 5461 0333 for more information.